Edelbrock Performer X Vs Victor X Whats Better

SOLOTR95

Hey Everyone I Was Checking Out On Edelbrock.com Intake Manifolds For My Friends 2000 Gsr And Wanted To Know What You People Had To Say About The Performer X And The Victor X. What One Would Be Best To Go With? Thanks.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
eddlebrock manifolds are perfect for a turboed car, they lack in low end but the high end power is really there ( thats why the runners are short and fat.)

SOLOTR95

Thanks Now We Can Make A Proper Decision

SOLOTR95

I Was Already Thinking About Installing A Turbo To The Car. What Kind Of Numbers Do You See?

SOLOTR95

See We Have A Aem V2 System With Dc Race Headers With A Skunk2 Mega Power Exhaust And We Were Thinking The Victor X Manifold With Their 75mm Throttle Body.

mteg

Automatic Lover
Longer runners=lower rpm power increase
Larger Plenum=higer rpm power increase

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i think the skunk 2 has longer runners if im correct not by much i dont think though, i would go wit skunk 2, but i was lookin at the blox ones too.

mteg

Automatic Lover
I would go with the Skunk 2, unless your going to add a turbo. You might have to wait cause Skunk 2 is backordered on just bout everything. If you do decide to go with Skunk 2, you will have to make a few modifications. On the oem manifold there is a bung for your absolute manifodl temp sensor (I think) that is missing form the skunk 2 one. I spliced a t valve bettween the manifold and the pcv valve, and piped it there. There is also 2 ports on the backside we didn't know what were for. One of them is on the right side which we capped. The other is an extra flange off the coolant line.

Last edited:

SOLOTR95

Thanks. Well My Friend Got Me A Skunk 2 Brand New I Just Didnt Know If I Would Buy It Or Go With Something Else.

mteg

Automatic Lover
Let me know if you run into any problems on the install, I could send you some pics.