droning sound

GSRacer01

ok so ive been driving my teg for a while now with this kind of droning sound on the driver's side front. it used to be quiet but lately its gotten really loud. it gets louder as i accelerate. its louder than my exhaust sometimes and i have an N1 so ya... but anyways, i recently checked one of the bearings on the axle cus my dad said it could have been jus been a bearing either wearing out or jus needed some more grease to lube it. so ya, i cleaned it out and added new grease, but after driving for a while, it didnt do anything, the sound is still there...someone please help.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Could be a bad wheel bearing. Really common thing to go out on G3 tegs. Everyone I know with a G3 over 90K has replaced the front wheel bearings.

GSRacer01

so i just have to replace it entirely u think? jus some extra info on it too...theres some black shit that builds up around the inside rims and also suspension. i think its some grease or something that jus hardened. are there different kinds of bearings not jus one specific wheel bearing?

siscoke

like tegsox said prolly the wheelbearing. had the same thing on my R :s easy replacement if u got the right tools. and not that much work for ur dealer if u cant do it urself so wont be that exp ;)

greetz sis

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
If there's black stuff in ur rim it's probably the axle going or something..check everything out..u might be overlookin something

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, check and see if your axle boot is ripped open, that could be axle grease all over your rim and suspension.

siscoke

TegSox said:
Yeah, check and see if your axle boot is ripped open, that could be axle grease all over your rim and suspension.
well if his greas is all gone (even though he did a refill) its still messed up and he has prolly got to get a new one (bearing, greas and the axle boot)

greetz sis

GSRacer01

alright guys, fixed the problem, and ya it was the wheel bearing... that shit was friggin hard to get off for me and my dad, but damn we got it done and now my car sounds like new...no more loud ass droning sound.. thanx for the help guys. :D