door wont unlock

tisguy

okay I know everyone's probably seen the shaved keyhole thing from g2ic.com... so I decided to do that "short project" since i was on break. from a few hour job, to spread out sessions over 4 days, me and my friends ran into a bunch of small problems, the worst one yesterday. We installed the rear door handles, everything was all dandy, the door was able to lock/unlock, and open. I was driving back from dinner and when i got home and turned off the engine, the doors automatically unlock, i tried opening my door but wouldnt open from the inside or out. We pulled into the garage and pulled the top of the door panel outward (cause we cant pop off the bottom cuz the door wont open). it looks like the little bracket that the lock is connected to doesnt want to stay open (it slow slides back to the lock position), we tried holding the rods, the brackets etc and no change. I was wondering if anyone might know how to get the locking mechanism to work properly? I have an aftermarket power door lock that i got from bestbuy, but removed the little unit that joins the rods together.

to sum it all up in short: my driver door wont unlock. lol <~ i think that was short

tisguy

lol for reals. priceless reaction. everything's working with shaved keyholes. and bam you cant get outta the stupid car. lol

tisguy

i can take some pictures later tonight. it looks hekka clean, but there's a rod that connects to the keyhole on the original... that thing has to be taped out of the way or dremmeled off. I think that's what caused the door lock to jam in the "testing phase" . we taped it down but i guess it might've come loose? I'll see what the mechanic says =)