Do I need a new clutch slave cylinder

VTECking

I VTAK'd on U!!!
My clutch has been acting all crazy. I put the clutch in to start the car and it starts right up but when I try to take it out of gear it is really hard. But if the car is off and I press the clutch in I can go through the gears like their was nothing wrong with the car. Also I have alot of free play in the clutch. You know how you have that release point on the clutch where it starts to grab? Well that point is almost all the way to the floorboard, and everything above that point on the clutch is really loose. I already ordered a slave cylinder from advance auto parts, but I just want to make sure that the slave cylinder is the only thing wrong with the car.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
have you bled the clutch slave cylinder?

sOuL

on the clutch disk it might be the lil springs that are on it, i had a problem with the stock cluctch like that and it was because one of the lil springs on the clutch came out of place and was getting stuck not allowing me to shift right

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
My clutch has been acting all crazy. I put the clutch in to start the car and it starts right up but when I try to take it out of gear it is really hard.
The car starts from the pressure switch behind your pedal, has nothing to do with the clutch. Making it hard to take out of gear sounds like an adjustment issue.
But if the car is off and I press the clutch in I can go through the gears like their was nothing wrong with the car.
This is normal because there is no force being applied to the clutch
Also I have alot of free play in the clutch. You know how you have that release point on the clutch where it starts to grab? Well that point is almost all the way to the floorboard, and everything above that point on the clutch is really loose.
Sounds like an adjustment issue but could be the slave

patrick4588

Integra God
like i said, i put my disk in backwards about a month ago. it wouldnt disengage with car on, but off it was fine. and i had a sick amount of free play before it felt anything. i swapped the slave cylinder thinking maybe that was it. yeah it sucks dropping the tranny, but if you have a friend, it shouldnt take more than 3 hours to fully drop it and flip the disk around

heykosal

Angkorian
You should definitely try adjusting first as it is simple fast and free.

How shitty would you feel if you spent all that time and effort dropping the tranny to find that the disk is on the correct way. And then after all that adjust the clutch and find that was the problem the whole time?

Just try taht first.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Just give the slave and master cylinder a good visual inspection. You will be able to see fluid on them if they are leaking pressure. If they aren't leaking then I would try bleeding them and adjusting the master cylinder rod before dropping the tranny