Distributor Question

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
Ok so I found out that I need a new distributor for my 93 integra gs with the 1.8L engine. I was just wondering if the distributors off the 90-93 are all the same. bvasically what other years and/or engines will work with my car?

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
Ok so I have narrowed it down to three options. which do you think I should do. #1 is buy a used distributor from the junkyard. #2 is buy the distributor off ebay(the above posted link) or #3 buy a cardone distributor from advanced auto for $205
which would you do?

amaestre32

i dont think that dizzy will fit on your 93 that is for a 95 idk if the bolt holes match up or not...idk wait to see what other ppl think. 205 isnt that much more but you want to save money in this case lol

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
well I would save alot by doing the one for 205. The shop I took it to wanted 760 to do the distributor. 700 for the distributor from the dealership and 60 for labor.

amaestre32

yeah lol get that one. i dont trust anything that isnt interior from ebay man.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
yeah thats what I was thinking. I got to looking around and nothing else was close to that price so I figured it was cheap for a reason. Also with the bad history for distributors in the 90-93 integras I don't trust pulling a used one. I dont want to waste my money just to find out I have to replace that one right after.

tilegend

first of all.... all 92-95 integra LS distributors are the same.

you cannot use a 90-91 because its an OBD0 distributor.

i just priced out a brand new distributor from the dealership and its only $300.

what is currently wrong with your distributor?

the more replaceable parts are the ignitor, ignition control module, and rotor & cap assembly.

you can also get the distributor housing assembly with the shaft and 3 sensors by itself also.

sportsma1539

it would take literally 5 minutes to put a distributor on. Unbolt the cap, leave the plug wires on, take out the rotor button, take the 3 bolts out of the distributor, pull it out, put the new one on and put everything back on in reverse. Have a friend that knows how to set the timing and you're off. Very simple