dies when stopped

kmortensen

I have an automatic 89 Integra that is dieing when stopped at lights or waiting to turn. It gives no signal that its going to die just stops. Most of the time I can restart it, some times it takes a few minutes to get it to restart. Sometimes I have to get out and take my gas cap off. We just replaced the fuel pump, alternator, cv axle and had the transmission rebuilt. Any ideas on what to change on it next?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Try adding a little throttle when it starts to dip down low at idle. Can you save it from stalling?

kmortensen

Try adding a little throttle when it starts to dip down low at idle. Can you save it from stalling?

It seems to be idling fine when this happens, it does idle low, but I have no indications its going to stall, it just dies on me.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Clean your Iacv, then clean your throttlebody While it's off.
Adjust your base idle with Iacv unplugged and the engine fully warmed up or you will be fighting the fitv (which affects cold starts)

What's happening is your idle is too low. The Iacv adjust airflow to maintain constant idle underload. Mainly ac/PWs

Ac and powersteering cause load on your engine, paired with low idle. The car will stall.

This is cure the main problem.

Now after stalling the car should start back up instanteously.

This is the secondary problem, your main relay is old. Resolder or replace it.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Clean your Iacv, then clean your throttlebody While it's off.
Adjust your base idle with Iacv unplugged and the engine fully warmed up or you will be fighting the fitv (which affects cold starts)

What's happening is your idle is too low. The Iacv adjust airflow to maintain constant idle underload. Mainly ac/PWs

Ac and powersteering cause load on your engine, paired with low idle. The car will stall.

This is cure the main problem.

Now after stalling the car should start back up instanteously.

This is the secondary problem, your main relay is old. Resolder or replace it.
This