Departing from my '87 4Dr RS

Cappy

Just trying to get an idea the value of my original 118000 mileage '87 RS. This car has been sitting on my driveway for over 4yrs now. It has not been started since. No damage all way around except rust is creeping up underneath the panel.
Some broker for cash for klunker is coming over to give me an offer. :?:

enoch723

Sadly the 1st gen's arent worth much especially non running, which yours isnt if has sat for 4 years without a start. The buyer is going to have to drop the tank and clean it out and everything. But honest opinion, dont ever sell a car to cash for klunckers. If he offers you over 750 then maybe, but I dont think he will. They offered me 600 for my 3g accord which is the most expensive of the hondas other then the s class. Sell it on craigslist for about 800

Cappy

Thanks Enoch for your response. Would you believe that my wife was just going to call some charity group to donate it for nothing. So if I get an offer as is...Cash for over 350. that rusted Mugen equipped is rolling out of the driveway. It was a fun autox car then.

enoch723

Mugen? I dont think they did 1st gen mugens. If it is though dont let it go for anything less the 1000. I would aim a little higher then 350 though. Always aim higher and make them talk you down. I would put the ad at maybe 700 but if they offer 400 or so then take it

the first gen integra's for some reason dont have much value when running but are still worth about the same non-running. Not really sure why that is though. But your teg is extremely low miles and the only thing really wrong is your gas tank is probably plugged which is an easy day job. My opinion is just drop the gas tank and put in a new one and sell it for about 1000

Last edited:

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Hey Cappy, do you pics of your car before it goes away?

If you're in California, we have that cash for clunkers. Instantly, you get $1000-$1500 depending if you meet certain requirements. Yeah, I said instantly. It doesn't matter if your car is beat up as hell or 30 years-old. As long it can start and make a drive to the participating auto wrecking yard... You will get a 1 grand check on the spot. My brother did it with his '89 Prelude S. He bought it for $100 and it lasted over 4 years until the carburetor got funky junky.

Cappy

Hey Cappy, do you pics of your car before it goes away?

If you're in California, we have that cash for clunkers. Instantly, you get $1000-$1500 depending if you meet certain requirements. Yeah, I said instantly. It doesn't matter if your car is beat up as hell or 30 years-old. As long it can start and make a drive to the participating auto wrecking yard... You will get a 1 grand check on the spot. My brother did it with his '89 Prelude S. He bought it for $100 and it lasted over 4 years until the carburetor got funky junky.
I wish I am in Calif...but unfortunately I am located in Cleveland Ohio. Rusty belt state when its snow salt is all over the road. This '87 model Integra is just rusting out bad. If I get a better or reasonable offer, it's towed outta here. It was an excellent autox for many year of duty.:cry: