DC headers fit any B series?

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
I have a 93 Teg B17A1. I bought one piece DC headers from a local guy and all he told me is that it fits b series motors. So my question is, am i goin to run into any problems? Cause i heard that headers will drop lower than it would like on a B16 block. Will it sit flush with the cat conv?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
He told you a half truth. It will bolt up to the head of any B series engine, that part he was telling the truth about. Where you'll run into a problem is at the other end where it needs to meet at the cat. Unless it's the DC model made specifically for your model Integra, it probably won't be long enough, or will be too short. As well as, as you suspect, it may drop too low below the oil pan and be closer to the ground than you'll probably be comfortable with, or not drop low enough to get underneath the oil pan at all. Not to mention, each header is designed to perform best with the engine/car it was designed to fit into, as far as primary and secondary diameter and legnth. These factors affect peak HP and TQ, and where they will be in the RPM range, among the main effects.

btw....93 GSR....sweet.

Last edited:

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
Its a DC sports one piece ceramic header that came from a Del Sol with a B16, he says that it fitted fine on his car.... i dont know if that helped but its more specific.

DA6P1

Banned
yea i had to add a pipe to my cat cuhz headers were hella short......did u get it on yet?

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
^ nope not yet still decidin if i should sell it (cause i got it for dirt cheap), or keep it and work with what i got.... just need suggestions.

BlueMistDA

sorry, I have a question too, so if i have a 1991 DA with a b16 engine, do I get headers specific for my DA or for the b16 (from a civic)