Damn Radiator Problems

SOLOTR95

Ok So My Radiator Had A Crack In It And Was Leaking So I Bought A New One With New Hoses And Thermastat The Whole Package. And Now I Put Fluid In And I Think I Got A Leak But I Dont See A Puddle. I Even Filled The Radiator Plastic Box Full To And Went For A Drive For A Bit And Came Home And Checked It And Totaly Empty. Wtf. Its Really Frustrating Me.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Are you sure it is your radiator? If it was your headgasket I would assume you would notice, with your car running like shit and what not. Double check all your hoses, connnections, and your radiator! You only loose coolant in 2 ways.....you're either leaking it, or burning it........hopefully just leaking

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Leaky or blown headgaske most likely. If this was the case you would most likely notice. How does your car run?

I'm sure you would notice a serious problem if this was the case. I suggest you double check everything and get some good clamps on those radiator hoses. If it all checks out then try a compression test

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
well let's see since this a radiator thread i wanna throw in a question also.

for some reason my coolant is leaking from the screw itself on the radiator where you flush the coolant. the problem is its pretty tight. i looked at the radiator itself and it looks fine. could it possible that the screw is not wide enough to plug the hole?

SOLOTR95

THE CAR RUNS GREAT STILL DOESNT MAKE ANY NOISES THAT I CAN TELL. VTEC HITS HARD. JUST THE DAMN FLUID GETS EMPTY SO QUICK. I THINK WE HAVE A LEAK PRETTY SURE WE DO CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE ITS WET BELOW:what:

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
well let's see since this a radiator thread i wanna throw in a question also.

for some reason my coolant is leaking from the screw itself on the radiator where you flush the coolant. the problem is its pretty tight. i looked at the radiator itself and it looks fine. could it possible that the screw is not wide enough to plug the hole?

are you talkin about the drain plug? if so it might be cracked have you ever loosened it and mabe tightened the shit out of it.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
SOLOTR95 said:
THE CAR RUNS GREAT STILL DOESNT MAKE ANY NOISES THAT I CAN TELL. VTEC HITS HARD. JUST THE DAMN FLUID GETS EMPTY SO QUICK. I THINK WE HAVE A LEAK PRETTY SURE WE DO CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE ITS WET BELOW:what:

you should have pressure tested the rad first, but its ok. just double check everything, you filled the rad completely full when you swapped right.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
nexgenintegra said:
are you talkin about the drain plug? if so it might be cracked have you ever loosened it and mabe tightened the shit out of it.
well i took it out once to flush the system. but i didnt tighten it to death when putting it back. i also had it checked. sooooooooo. im confused if the screw is deformed or the radiator has a minor dent that i can't see.