DA that I would like to buy on Friday.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
Hey guys. I have found a DA for sale 1990 and with 214,000 miles. I test drove it today and everything is great. it does need some body work but not much. it is 5 speed, white, all OEM stuff for $900.00.

The only problem is a smal leak with radiator and I plan on replacing that first thing if I get it. 4 disk brakes and the stock 1.8.

Also what would you guys do about a loose clutch? It shifts fine and there is no hesitation the clutch just feels diff than a 98ls or a 99si. Any info would be great. oh and the interior is great. no rust. Let me know if this is a good idea guys.

Thanks in advance.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
well, 90-93 tegs have a stiff clutch to begin with so it could be normal. I test drove my buddies 91 and my brothers 96, aswell as drive my 93 just to see the difference

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
well, 90-93 tegs have a stiff clutch to begin with so it could be normal. I test drove my buddies 91 and my brothers 96, aswell as drive my 93 just to see the difference
Big Diff?

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
yeah, DA clutches are stiff. Keep in mind most DC clutches if not all are hydro

ok so I will more than likely get use to it. I can't wait to throw some coilovers on her and start work.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I plan on making a long drive (2000 miles) What do I need to make sure is good to make a drive like that. Money is not a problem and I have 2 months. I am just going to do a tune up and replace the radiator but is that it? tires are good, Engine is good, tranny is good.

mirrorimg

If you want to do a full tune up, there is a thread floating around with a list of the components that need to be serviced. I dont see an issue of driving that far as long as everything is in working order, which a tune up will pretty much do.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
If you want to do a full tune up, there is a thread floating around with a list of the components that need to be serviced. I dont see an issue of driving that far as long as everything is in working order, which a tune up will pretty much do.
Thanks man I really appreciate it.

teggyboy21

Yes, I used to own a DA. It was a 91 LS. The stock clutch on that car is def. alot more stiffer than my DC4 which I am also still on the original clutch as well.

Last edited:

91whiteteg

90-91 are cable ans 92-93 are hydro. but if you want to make it lighter put a oem pressure plate in it. i like mine stiff so i am going to put a heavier pressure plate in mine.

cmoney176

CMONEY176
go for it

:thumbs up great job on locating a good DA. hard to find one that is not all beat up and rusted out, yet based on what you have posted i feel that for 900.00 you got a great deal. if everything is in working order other than the radiator then imo i would start with the suspension and go from there. i have a 93 and was fortunate enough to have been informed that im running a gs-r motor. imagine my surprise. good luck on your build and keep us informed on your progress. DA's rule. 8)