d16z6 to d16a1 tranny?

enoch723

Im able to get a d16z6 out of my sisters del slow cause she crashed it. Obviously has vtec which is the main reason i want it. My question is if anybody know if it will bolt into my stock tranny in my 88 integra. I dont think anybody has tried yet or what. It seems like it would but I think her block is a different set up even though its a 1.6. Im pretty sure her z6 is a single cam and my a1 is dual

Last edited:

enoch723

dont know.. Live in a apartment complex and dont realy have the room to experiment with this kind of stuff. But if I knew it could work, I can go to my dads place and do it there in a day or two but even then I wouldnt be able to be there very long so I cant go experimenting and stuff. Main reason why I asked because my sisters car is getting parted out right now and I can still get it from her and just have to replace a few things like a few hoses, injectors and rail, exhaust system, and spark pugs and wires.

enoch723

thanks man. i had come across that thread before and ditched it when I seen him say the cg will bolt to any sinlge cam d series. Figured the guy was an idiot because the stock d16a1 that goes with the cg is dual cam. But it was my mistake in reading it wrong the first time. Thanks man, Gunna have to read through it better

simplels

yeah i use to have a CG tranny in my 1g CRX.. it's a great transmission.. especially after i rebuilt it.. so butter!