d16a3 block & d16A1 head

myaztint

i have a 89 teg and the bock is new but from a 87 teg. the head is new out of a 89. after numerous times in the shop a complete new cooling system performance fans the car still is not reliable enough to drive far distances. the bolts on the head are defferent so i changed the head gasket and swapped the bolts. with the 89. and now i,m at ropes end. it was reliable in the beginning and now it sucks. new tranny, engine, accessories a/c suspension brakes power stering rack and pinion almost nothing left to replace. any body have a idea what im missing here? please help!!

myaztint

it just runs hot, not over heats just hotter than it should be.i can drive it in the winter time fine. but in the spring/summer i can smell how hot the engine gets.

SubLiminate

May sound dumb, I'd assume you changed the thermostat...right? And the radiator fans are coming on when the car warms up, right? Water Pump? Sort of sounds like you might be trying to kill an ant with a flame thrower...

myaztint

all the parts are new here is a list; new engine (87 block & 89 head) new tranny, new rack and pinion with new powersteering pump, new alternator, batt. starter, radiator thermostat aftermarke performance fans(x3) new ac compressor, condenser, drier, full exhaust from headers to tailpipe, msd ignition system, ebc drilled and slotted rotors & pads, koni struts, fuel pump, 10.2mm wires, all new hoses, filters ect. weater core has not been replaced but doesnt leak or smell, i would say it is fine. everything works fine ac cruise ect. just keeps heating up. im gonna sell it i think

89teggie

89teggie
i know u have replaced the fans, radiator, thermostat, etc... but do your fans come on after the engine warms up? try a different thermostat, different thermostats turn on the fans at different temps. do u have the right mixture of water/antifreeze? turn on your heat and see if it blows hot, if its warm, but not hot, its your heater core. you've got pretty much a new car, it can only be a few different things, keep trying

myaztint

my loss your gain its for sale any takers? as is , new motor with original motor in good condition(2 blocks 2 heads one brown top one black top) . new tranny, extra ac compressor and power steering pump 17" wheels new rubber (brand new rubber! less than 500 mi.) best bet to reach me is at myaztint AT G mail dot com. make me an offer. i know it can be fixed it has been sitting in my garage for about 1.5yrs id like to get $1500 to someone who knows what they have. the car handled great ! brakes are track ready. wish i could see the numbers it wouldve put up. not a high top end put definately picked up speed quick! smoked a celica, v6 stang, and eclipse, and v6 accord while it ran good.