CX racing turbo kit

lag4115

I am wanting to turbo charge my 97 gsr and I am looking for a good kit and a good price. I am staying away from ebay. It is hard to find some thing though when you see kits for around 800, 1200 and like 2500. I found a kit at cx racing(cxracing.com) for about 700. I am just wondering if anyone has heard of them and know if they are a good place to buy from. Some things I am looking for in a kit it keeping my A/C and a t3/t4 turbo which this kit has. If anyone can give me some advice or check it out and let me know that would be great. Thank you

hidenplanvew

cxracing there intercooler piping is cool and there down pipes but its still an ebay turbo kit. just put your own turbo kit together you can do it for about 800 to 900.. I did one for 600 but I got some retarded good deals from CL and friends!

lag4115

cxracing there intercooler piping is cool and there down pipes but its still an ebay turbo kit. just put your own turbo kit together you can do it for about 800 to 900.. I did one for 600 but I got some retarded good deals from CL and friends!
Thanks man. I think to my understanding from talking to every one is to just make sure I get a good turbo. every thing else is about the same. I keep seeing people saying that I can build a good kit for cheap. I guess I will have to see what I can do

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I bought their kit. Intercooler is fine. Turbo is agarret knock off. (rumored to be made by garret). IMO buy the kit, sell the BOV and wastegate, and buy name brand BOV and wastegate and you'll be set. thts what I did

lag4115

I bought their kit. Intercooler is fine. Turbo is agarret knock off. (rumored to be made by garret). IMO buy the kit, sell the BOV and wastegate, and buy name brand BOV and wastegate and you'll be set. thts what I did
cool. how long have you had the set up? any problems with turbo? what bov and waste gate are you running and how hard were they to install?

lag4115

I plan to get a glow shift boost gauge and oil pressure gauge. im going to get a f1 clutch and fly wheel. I already have a sunk2 intake manifold and pulleys. A skunk2 short shifter I put in already. Im waiting on some buddy clubwheels I just bought with some nitto tires to go with them. Along witt megan coil overs, front and rear camber kit, front and rear strut bar, front and rear tie bars, c pillar bar and a frame brace for underneath.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
cool. how long have you had the set up? any problems with turbo? what bov and waste gate are you running and how hard were they to install?
i havent run it yet. I mocked everything up and the intercooler was too big imo so I traded for a smaller one. I have a HKS SSQV bov and a tial wastegate. installing a turbo is fairly easy. You just lay all the piping in there and bolt stuff dowm where ever it will fit. the oil lines can be tricky. Make sure you call up CX racing and have them tell you how much oil pressure should be going through the turbo. Ebay turbos arent the culprit of those horror stories. The dickheads who install them put too much or too little pressure and the turbo burns up. Because ebay turbos are more fragile, they need to have very accurate oil pressure. A TURBO timer is essential as well

lag4115

i forgot to mention turbo timer and hondata s100 to my build. gauges are very important. especially oil pressure. you lose that or it goes down and there is some thing wrong. it is crazy what you can monitor these days. thanks for the replies