CV boot install

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Wats up fam.. havent posted in a while, the teg is undergoing some serious work this past summer and winter. and be4 i go any farther i need to fix this leak a got in my cv boots.

Now im guessing that they're ripped somehow becuz both of them are just spraying mad grease in the engine bay, i only have so long be4 the grease is gone so i was just wondering if there was any pointers anyone had for dropping the old ones and puttin new ones on??

I've never dropped axels be4 so please enlighten me cuz i aint paying my mechanic $250 in labor for this shit

THANKSS:twisted:

Sammich

um...i dont have much info for that...pretty much pull the wheel, remove the big nut, get the hammer and knock it out of the spindle after you have losened the spindle of course and work it out. grease the end that goes back in the spindle when your installing the new axle and work it on...

ps i have a new passenger side axle if you want it..it was for my gsr but it was stolen before i installed it

platinumridah93

Registered Ridah
i changed mine for the first time because my passengerside broke while i was driving. yes i had to push my car home at 1:30a.m. anyway, i got the instructions from my book and another website. the first time it took me about a day to do both axles by myself and that's only because i didn't know what i was doing. i had to change the passenger axle again because they sold me a faulty one and it took me 15 minutes to change that side. after the first time it becomes really, really easy.

PogKai

B20VTEC
first start off by taking out the axle. tear the old boot out. hold the axle upright with the bad side facing down and hammer the CV joint down.. (watch your toes!). slide the new boot in the axle. grease the CV joint. pull the boot mid way to the axle and install the CV joint by centering it in the middle and then hammer it down where it was.. now you can cover the CV joint.. install the 2 clamps and your done! install axle back.