crazy idle

cory_cnx

I thought my tps was bad but i was checking the iacv and the sensor was disconncted i plugged back in and the cell light went off after that i remove my fitv and i tightend the plunger and i put the fitv back on .now i notice that my idle doesnt go down more than 1000 and went i put parking it goes to 1200, how can i adjust the idle or maybe is my throttle cable if so can u guys tellme how to adjust the cable ..

Oh i also noticed that after warmed up i still feel some suction in the hole 4m the throttle body ?wat could it be can u guys help .thanks a lot

mteg

Automatic Lover
Is your CEL on. My car sits aroun1200 when in park and between 850 and 1050 when in drive. I'm jsut used to it. I doubt it's your throttle cable unless you swapped your manifold or throttle body or were adjusting it. Take your intake of and see that the throttle plate is closing all the way. To adust that there is a screw on the side you can try adjusting. Its the one that the the throttle cable wheel hits. if your throttle isnt closing all the way, lower that screw a trun or 2. Is the idle bouncing-thats a leak usually or a bad valve.

cory_cnx

its sucking some air from the lil hole 4m the throttle body my cel went off when i connected the sensor that was unplugged from the aicv .

i also took out the fitv and i tightned the plunger but i think i tightned 2 much or maybe the fitv is bad because now in the morning it doesnt idle well it just go to 1200 all the time even when its warmed up ,wat could it be

mteg

Automatic Lover
Probably the fit valve. Its probably stuck a lttle bit. You could check that first. My tegs and auto and I don't even have a fit valve on my throttle body. sitting in park at 1200 rpm is normal for my car. You can try to adjsut that screw that stops the throttle wheel, you can also try the screw by the map sensor, the one with yellow or blue lock tight on it.

cory_cnx

ok guys i went to the junk yard and i bought a fitv i put it on my car and the idle still the same in the morning when it idles it wont pass 1000 and it takes a long time to warme up wat could it be ,maybe a bad thermostat or my aicv ........can u guys help

Disco

Try the thermostat. its cheap and always needs replacing. I had the same isasues with my cae when I got it. I took te FITV all the way apart and cleaned it. I also screwed the plunger all the way in on it. It helped a little. But i cant remember what I did to fix it...So im guessing you took off the trottle body to work on the FITV if you did you might want to order the throttle body gasket and replace it even a small tear will let it suck in air... Make sure the hoses going to the FITV are either new or cleaned out...no cloggs...Clean the inside of your throttle body where the plate closes theres allways crap built up in there. Ill keep thinking and get back to you if I remember anything more