Couple questions, help appreciated..!

turbulence

Hey all, i've been looking over the board for a while and finally decided to post, sadly it had to be when something bad happened to my teg... :(

Anyway, it's a 94 teg ls auto... little by little i had noticed my rpms were boosting way too high when hitting the gas, and my tranny was slippin untill well, it completely went out on me one day. we managed to tow it back to the house, we grabbed another tranny from a different teg, and put it in, along with a new cv joint for passenger side. now, when putting it in, i know we broke one of the censors, but everything else seemed to go fine. well now, it runs and swithces gears fine, but has absoultely NO ACCELERATION... and my D4 gear display in my dash stays blinking... anyone have any clue why my acceleration is really off? would it have anything to do with that sensor?..... thanks

speedin

The Transporter
turbulence said:
Hey all, i've been looking over the board for a while and finally decided to post, sadly it had to be when something bad happened to my teg... :(

Anyway, it's a 94 teg ls auto... little by little i had noticed my rpms were boosting way too high when hitting the gas, and my tranny was slippin untill well, it completely went out on me one day. we managed to tow it back to the house, we grabbed another tranny from a different teg, and put it in, along with a new cv joint for passenger side. now, when putting it in, i know we broke one of the censors, but everything else seemed to go fine. well now, it runs and swithces gears fine, but has absoultely NO ACCELERATION... and my D4 gear display in my dash stays blinking... anyone have any clue why my acceleration is really off? would it have anything to do with that sensor?..... thanks
its the sensor. you cant brake a sensor and expect it to work. all the sensors are CRITICAL and without one their the car will most likely run i limp mode. thats why your car is so slow

CHILD

all day all JDM
damnit....another thread answered before i could get to it....... ..speedin' go take a nap or something

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
CHILD said:
damnit....another thread answered before i could get to it....... ..speedin' go take a nap or something
funny :lol:

you should just 5 speed swap it. autos suck unless:

1. its a gsr auto trans from jdm land
2. you are disabled in some way that you cant push the clutch in like me
3. or you just cant drive a stick...

take it from me, swap the trans. but do your research before you do so you kno EVERYTHING before you do it. i think i have an article saved somewhere bout everything u need and have to do. if i find it, you want it?

steelies_ftw

DA6righthand said:
funny :lol:

you should just 5 speed swap it. autos suck unless:

1. its a gsr auto trans from jdm land
2. you are disabled in some way that you cant push the clutch in like me
3. or you just cant drive a stick...

take it from me, swap the trans. but do your research before you do so you kno EVERYTHING before you do it. i think i have an article saved somewhere bout everything u need and have to do. if i find it, you want it?

#4 if u like to drive with just your knees

speedin

The Transporter
acually for the cost of a swap u can do do a level 10 trans upgrade and rape manuals all day long! and u wont be loosing power through the trans. perfect launches everytime, never miss a gear. hell u can even get tip's on it (paddle shifters). all through level 10. level 10 link

turbulence

level 10 trans upgrade?.. hows that work?... i really think im going to just sell this LS and get me a gsr, or an rsx with a stick because its more problems than its worth at this point...

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
speedin said:
acually for the cost of a swap u can do do a level 10 trans upgrade and rape manuals all day long! and u wont be loosing power through the trans. perfect launches everytime, never miss a gear. hell u can even get tip's on it (paddle shifters). all through level 10. level 10 link
thanks...ive been lookin for somethin like this. any other companies that make these kinda parts?

speedin

The Transporter
turbulence said:
level 10 trans upgrade?.. hows that work?... i really think im going to just sell this LS and get me a gsr, or an rsx with a stick because its more problems than its worth at this point...
they gut your trans and put it back together with high preformance goodies. everything but the gears really. but yea if u want just go gsr
DA6righthand said:
thanks...ive been lookin for somethin like this. any other companies that make these kinda parts?
level 10 really has the market. their quality and work is second to none. but i did find 1 other http://www.tciauto.com/sport_compact.htm most of the rebuild kits say for civics. but i bet that our auto is the same as one of those civics.

Last edited: