converting r12 to r134 help?

Frange

So i bought this kit to convert r12 to r134 but i have no idea how to install it. Help?

Also I got into an accident with my integra and i want to get some parts for it to get it back to good looking any store suggestions?

j13

Keep It Clean
follow the instructions for the conversion? might wanna go to the junk yard. 1st gens are rare..shops would probably laugh if they got asked for parts

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Most parts you need will either have to be found in a junkyard or bought at the dealer. For the conversion kit, from what I know you just need to change the fittings.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
have a shop reclaim the refigerant, you realy should drain the compressor of the oil and put pag oil back in and replace the reciever drier. in the end you have a 50/50 chance of it holding up for any length of time

gugiey

have a shop reclaim the refigerant, you realy should drain the compressor of the oil and put pag oil back in and replace the reciever drier. in the end you have a 50/50 chance of it holding up for any length of time
+1

r12 uses mineral oil
r134 uses Pag oil

Classa64

As per the Honda service bullitin VII-2-95 Evac the system of ALL R12...Screw on the fittings that come with the kit.... (weather it be Honda/Acura or aftermarket)..Add 120ml of PAG oil... Subtract 50ml of Refrigerant from the factory R12 fill and add that amount of R134a to the system...pressures will be a bit higher and like the previous posters it won't last long. Going to do it to my 87 by the end of the week. You may get more longevity if you flush out the entire A/C system to replace as much of the Old oil with PAG as possible. Good luck

gugiey

As per the Honda service bullitin VII-2-95 Evac the system of ALL R12...Screw on the fittings that come with the kit.... (weather it be Honda/Acura or aftermarket)..Add 120ml of PAG oil... Subtract 50ml of Refrigerant from the factory R12 fill and add that amount of R134a to the system...pressures will be a bit higher and like the previous posters it won't last long. Going to do it to my 87 by the end of the week. You may get more longevity if you flush out the entire A/C system to replace as much of the Old oil with PAG as possible. Good luck
dcnmvmf

Also, you are only supposed to fill it to 80% of the total capacity of the system when you convert.
I.e. if your system called for 25 oz of R-12 you only use 20oz of R-134a. Just thought I'd throw that in.

teg4242

AC conversion

I changed mine many years ago. I assume the kits are still basically the same. Your AC line valves are on the passenger side, near the firewall, just behind and below your intake hose. The smaller diameter high pressure line is on top of the larger diameter low pressure line. Both have different size valves as well. Your kit should have a conversion valve that you will either screw on or 'pop' over the old valve. Use the one that fits each valve, don't try to force the smaller one on the larger, low pressure valve.

Last edited:

Classa64

???

Just retrofited mine 2 days ago...all lines came loose, changed all the o rings to 134a compatible, blew out all the lines added the 120ml of pag, factory fill was 30-33oz I added 29 oz of 134a .

the A/C blows ice cold.

Pressures were a bit high as to be expected, idle performance sucks but does ok :)