Clutch pedal harder and shorter throw - pedal has some pressure

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I got into my car and pressed in the clutch and I noticed it felt really different. It seemed like it didn't have that much distance to travel to engage it. It's not like the pedal just went to the floorboard as if there's no pressure. Shifting seemed to be harsh as its rough once shifting into the next gear. It does grip the clutch so I'm not 100% positive what's going on here.

I was able to get to work, haven't checked anything because it's dark out and I had to go to work. I'll be checking fluid levels when I get off but I don't think it would be that because I have pressure. Maybe it's just losing some pressue. I don't know. I was hoping someone could chime in and give their opinion. Thanks.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So the engagement point just moved? If so, you can adjust the engagement point by turning the rod that goes into the master cylinder

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So it's gotta be leaking out somewhere slowly. Sounds like it's time to keep an eye on the master and slave

yunwawa

leaking tranny

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/dmorash1/camcorder/BadPlasticSeal.jpg

Probably from this point on the bottom(note that black crap on the bottom, i didn't do that). The dealer had put it on saying it was a thumb size plug. MM yeah it was the size of my fist, I'm suprised the tranny drop straight into china......

I was also going to say that you should check the resevoir as the culprit toobut you did. Next I would definately check under the car. I have a tranny cleaning thread that shows this pic again too and what the tranny looks clean... ish....