clutch engagement point

bdiz

so i just recently put in a new act street clutch in my car, but my clutch engagement point is basically at the very top of the pedal...i bled the system already and then i checked the mastercylinder boot under the dash and there was a film of i think black or dirty brake fluid on it, its wet but doesn't seem like its leaking everywhere yet...i also measured the pedal height and its 5" off the floor board with about 1" of play.... i've had this pedal setup since my last clutch and the engagement point was about halfway up... so i don't know if my pedal needs to be adjusted or if my master cylinder is causing problems...because there is still a lot of pressure in the pedal...

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i think its because of the act setup... someone of my friends with it tell me clutch pedal is pretty stiff and the engagement is quick.

bdiz

i know the engagement is quick... but i'm saying the engagement point, is at the very top of the pedal travel... the clutch grabs just before i let my foot off the pedal at the very top..

LiEkjAi

you can adjust it, follow the clutch pedal and and you can adjust the cable

bdiz

its hydro....my previous clutch setup was the exact same as this one... and there wasnt any problems of the high engagement...

bdiz

i know you can adjust it .... but i am wondering why i have a higher engagement point NOW when my setup hasn't changed.. only a new clutch has gone in....

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Who knows. Just adjust the clutch master cylinder rod that hooks to the pedal. Pull the pin out of the top of the pedal, loosen the nut on the rod and rotate the rod counterclockwise from the drivers point of veiw to lower the engagement point to the desired point