cluster problem !!help!!!

DCmonkey

ive been havin this gay ass cluster problem since i did the auto to manual swap,i've checked the wiring about 5 times and everything is as it should be .the problem is after i pass 5,5k the fuckin cluster bounces around and dies every single time (the tach only) its still the auto cluster,i kept it just so i dont have any guess work with the mileage and shit. while the cluster does the fuckin cha-cha everything else works as it should be. ive checked the vss connections to the sensor and to the gauge cluster, can someone please shine some light on my sitiuation.

Backwoodz Tuner

Well maybe you jus need to swap in a manual cluster, cuz maybe your ecu and cluster aren't gettin the right info across to each other causing it to. Cha cha cha or whatever you stated earlier lol

DCmonkey

well that does logically make sense but i dunno if i am wrong but ive seen people who've done gsr swaps into their ls and still have the cluster working fine

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I drive an auto(personal reason & not to street race) anyways I have a manual cluster off of edm itr . works w/ no problems.. your problem could be cause of a relay or sensor in the cluster..call Acura man, tech support ftw

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
DCmonkey said:
. while the cluster does the fuckin cha-cha everything else works as it should be.
I seriously laughed when i read that. good job. lol

it could be the cluster itself... At gm we have a problem with the new trucks. The speedo likes to stick. it isn't a tsb yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

either way, something could be fucked up in the cluster itself... Kinda sounds like what the problem is. Your tach shouldn't read any different with a different trans... UNLESS whatever tells the tach what to read is messed up...

But that should be the crank sensor on the block, so that should be fine I think. If you want to throw parts at it, I say get a new cluster, then maybe crank sensor. If you want someone to figure it out, take it to a shop.

DCmonkey

thats the thing jdm motors dont have (cps,Crank Positioning Sensors) its running a jdm ecu aswell but it wasnt 5spd with a jdm b18b u see where im gettin at?