Clinking Sounds.....

splintzz

Hi all,

I'm hearing funny "clinking" sounds from my Integra's rear and it makes that sound whenever I apply my brakes
bit by bit. If I break my car really hard, I don't hear the funny noise. Can anyone suggest what's going on?

PS I will bring it into a car shop eventually.

Thanks.

Integ1998

well im not exactly sure what the problem is but i am a tech. for general motors. Does the problem only happen when u hit the brakes, because when u hit the brakes there is less weight in the back of the car and if it happens when brakes are pressed then it might not be a suspension problem because there is less weight on the susp. parts.
If it makes the cound when the brakes arent applied and are applied then it might be suspension prob...

Any more info let me no...

splintzz

The sound only happens when I hit the brakes, so I don't think it's suspension problem. If I hit the brakes really hard, there's no sound.

Integ1998 said:
well im not exactly sure what the problem is but i am a tech. for general motors. Does the problem only happen when u hit the brakes, because when u hit the brakes there is less weight in the back of the car and if it happens when brakes are pressed then it might not be a suspension problem because there is less weight on the susp. parts.
If it makes the cound when the brakes arent applied and are applied then it might be suspension prob...

speedin

The Transporter
well i had this problem. its was nothing mechanical just plastic! the plastic pieces in the car move when u put a force(braking, accel, turning). and they crinkle. what i did was went out and bought a sheet of rubber, and then cut pieces of the rubber to fit between the pieces. it doesnt show and it makes no noise anymore. the car is also alot more quiet inside. but mabye it is you suspension. but im just trying to be helpful here

splintzz

Thanks. I'm going to get a mechanic to look at it within these two weeks. I'll let you know if I actually found out what it is.

Where did you get that dancing banana?

speedin said:
well i had this problem. its was nothing mechanical just plastic! the plastic pieces in the car move when u put a force(braking, accel, turning). and they crinkle. what i did was went out and bought a sheet of rubber, and then cut pieces of the rubber to fit between the pieces. it doesnt show and it makes no noise anymore. the car is also alot more quiet inside. but mabye it is you suspension. but im just trying to be helpful here

speedin

The Transporter
u like him too? :banana: its my fav icon. just click on [more] under all the smilys when u are posting and a window with a bunch will come up :banana: :banana: . then click on what one u want and :banana: .

splintzz

Clinking NO MORE

I finally had a mechanic going through my car last night. The clinking sound actually came from missing pieces of metal that hold the brake pads to the clamps. He found out that the previous mechanic didn't want to spend money buying new metal sheets for the brakes and just thrown out the old ones. My current mechanic just sand off the brake pads a bit more and lubricated with some grease on top. It fixed the problem for now!

Integ1998 said:

ProjectHoku

Seibikojo Hoku
i have the same problem too....but it makes clinking noises in the rear all the time!! when i brake and accelerate...lol