Check ENGINE......

91integrock

Hi guys,

Im new here and i hav a 91 teg that im truly in love with lol. My question is - The check engine light came on today after driving for about 1/2 hour, then after about 1 hour of sitting it goes off, nothing seems wrong with the car but it seems to only be coming on after it gets to a certin temp. I just bought the car a week ago and dont know to much about them, the oil was changed 3000 KM ago, new air filter. Not sure whats going on so if anyone can help that would be great...

P.S Anyone on here from alberta ??

Thanks guys
Rob from E-town,

johnownsall2

Im not really sure since it came on and went off its probly just getting hot i wouldnt really know but check ur fans do they work?? im sorry i couldnt really help you someone will help you this is a realy good fourm just be active and keep posting and post some pics of yourcar i jut bought a 91 teg to

master_tech

check for codes @ the ecu.

@ the front passenger side foot well area, pull back the carpet, this will expose the ecu metal cover. you will see a access hole, that's where the ecu led display is located, with the key in the on position and engine off, count the blinks to determine your code