Check engine light~~~!

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
keeps comming on. I checked the code at a friends shop a few days ago and it turned out to be the gas cap. I didnt tighten it enough or something.

so anyways, i KNOW i tightened the gas cap more than enough, and my engine light went on again!

do i have to buy a new cap??? pissing me off

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Sometimes if you pump gas while your car is running it will pull that code and it won't ever go off, also gas cap will do it. Mechanic was trying to explain it one time, ended up being some type of sensor or something, gets fouled up.

sOuL

yea mines just came on a few days ago after i put gas in...lol so i know mine is the gas cap

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
i hope its not the gas cap, i hear those cap be as expensive as $20!!!

hehe

Im gonna take it back today and get it cleared. ill go pick up another cap and see how that goes

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Might also have been some bad gas. Run you tank down and get the code reset, put some good 93 in, Like chevron or something and some fuel system cleaner, it should be fine then.

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
i dont put anything but chevron in my tank though

and every once in a while i put fuel injector cleaner in it.

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
wells i went to my shop, and we got a new gas cap. I did notice however, when i went to get gas, when i would take my old gas cap off, there was no presure sounds comming out of the tank. Probable bad cap.

we checked the vacume lines, and everything seemed good.

so hopefully this will fix it

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
ok, weell the damn light went on

I notice when i take my gas cap offto get gas, there is no sound of presure cmming from the tank like there is supposed to be

could it be a vacume line leak somewhere??

Im gonna have totake it back in friday:-(

I forget what the engine code we got was. But it had something to do with a leak or loose cap.

Gah if u guys knowwhere i can get a list of ECU codes for my car ide point it out

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
here is the error i get

P0457 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Leak Detected Fuel Fill Cap Loose/Off

its not the gas cap, so whats it mean?

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
where'd you get the gas cap from? my little sister's accord had a bad cap and we got some other one that ended up being faulty as well. went to honda to get one and the light hasn't been on since.