carbon fiber hood vs. oem hood?

715guy

hi everyone, i plan to get a new hood for my 98 integra. what do you guys think, it is better to go with the carbon fiber or oem hood. if i go with the carbon fiber hood do i need to so some kind of modification to it? please help....

1329itr00

Type R
if you have the extra cash go with seibon friend has one and the fitment is amazing.. i had a vis on my hatch and on my old type r fit almost perfect but i'm anal like that were it bothers

siscoke

you wont have to do any adjustments. seibon is a very know and good brand to go with (but expensive) if ur not that "anal" u should take the VIS racing one cause that would be the best buy for its money and great fitment to. if you choose to get a VIS then id go for the "oem" styled on and not those with the gaps in it nall :d stay sober but be fast dont look fast and be slow :p ;)

greetz sis

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
it depends whats your plans with the teg racing or looks?

If your going with racing your probably not going to be doing major body work to your car so if you spice it up a little with an Evo style CF hood or any other hood that catches your eye, drops weight and still gives you a little flavor on your ride.

If your intentions are shows and looks, depending on what your body mods are is what you should go with if your doing alot of work and have all kinds of kits and cutouts then go with the oem CF hood. dont do too much it would look really sloppy.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I was debating for a while to get a Seibon OEM Style CF hood. I think it'll really set my car off, but I decided not to because of it'll atract more attention to your ride.

MidniteFreedom

i got me a vis hood but one of my freind said to get it clear coated on it so it wont get mesed up becasue one of his freind had a vis and his hood like went bad... o well at least i get the clear coat free at the shop where their fixing my car lol

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
get an oem one and paint it. That way you get a nice light hood, and it still matches your car. It is just like two tone paint jobs, and unpainted fenders ect. Paint it, it makes it look so much better.

blueTEC

James
unless you're really aching for a sleeper and you're doing a lot of other weight reduction, you may not want to spend the money to actually paint the thing. as long as your teg isn't black (and some would say even if it is) the CF hood should look great without paint. no you don't really need extra clear coat, but you can if you want. seriously go with SEIBON, i've heard nothing but praise about their products. i bought a VIS hood, it only took about 2 weeks before a big crack showed up, and i wish i would have just spent a little extra for the seibon hood-- probably better quality.