carbon fiber hood or shaved emblems?

jojo_DA9

as the title says guys, would you shave the emblems off your car, and keep it clean? or buy a carbon fiber hood? just wantd to see what ppl here would do if they had the money for both. :???:

XSTYPE-V

jojo_DA9 said:
as the title says guys, would you shave the emblems off your car, and keep it clean? or buy a carbon fiber hood? just wantd to see what ppl here would do if they had the money for both. :???:
Carbon fiber hoods are good if thats what your looking for. And its always nice to see a shaved car. Just dont shave the door handels. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! LMAO

hyper98gsr

i dislike shaved door handles too. but shaved emblems look ok. get the c.f hood.

hadjie85

DownShift96GSR said:
I'd get the hood, but keep the emblems. I'd like people I'd beat to know what kinda car beat em.
Im with downshift. im proud of my car and i want the emblems on there, i love CF, and i think a CF hood WITH the emblems would look awesome.

jojo_DA9

i agree with you guys, but the thing is after i replaced the acura emblem with a honda one, rust started to build up there, so just thought maybe i should just shave them off

XTurboAcuraX

how much do cf hoods cost? and do they have latches under them so you have to pop it from inside the car. i have seen people just lift the cf hood without pulling a lever inside the cab. i don't like the idea that anyone will be able to open my hood.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
whats wrong wit shaved door handles? i think it looks more clean, i'm planning to do my aswell, and installed door poppers, program it into a 2way pager alarm sys. then it will be pretty nice.

cf hood prices are between 300-800 sometimes even more, your pretty much paying for the qaulity. cheap CF hoods somethings dont fit right, it will fade or crack due to being exposed to the sun & weather. more expensive covers are better made and last lower, look better, and wont have problems like the cheaper ones.

cf hoods usually require hood pins, cuz they are so light. but newer cf hoods are made to specs. of the car and do not require hood pins, and open and close like your oem hood. which of course is more expensive. but i like the hood pin look. VIS makes some good hoods, or Carbon Creations, but if you got some money try Spoon, their hoods arent cheap.

01cleatus

I say go with the Carbon Fiber hood. I f you are going for looks I think that is definitely one of the things to get when your thinking of making your car more visually known. But definitely like some of the other guys said get one that is known to fit and incorporates your factory hood latch. Hood pins look cool but if I were going to steal a car a hood with hood pins would be the first on my list to steal.

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Personally i like the shaved door handles... i think it looks sweet. i'd take the CF hood. Agree, let them know what/who beat you. Where i live, they know you by your car, and some people are stupid and think the integra is some kinda nissan

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I would only shave the word "ACURA" off of the rear hatch, I'd leave the Acura "A"'s on the front and the rear. I've already "shaved" off my VTEC badge and the lame ass dealership sticker, hehe.
And no CF hood for me, I'm down with the sleeper look.