Car wont stay running

konig16

LS Vtec=:)
So i have been having this problem for a while and i always ignored it becuse it just kinda gos away n comes back randomly it only happens like once every week or 2 when im driving. The car drives fine when im in gear but for some reason shuts off when i go out of gear. For example if im driving up to a stop light n take it out of gear the rpms will just continue till the car turns off it dosent just drop and stay at idle like it should. I just dont get it cuz it rarely ever happens but i would like to fix it anyway.

n e one know whats wrong or what i need to replace or adjust?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
dont lie that you dont stall noob!!!!

j.k. that's a weird situation. ^^ maybe it is your timing belt. had it serviced lately?

konig16

JDM_Conv3rsion said:
dont lie that you dont stall noob!!!!

j.k. that's a weird situation. ^^ maybe it is your timing belt. had it serviced lately?
lol i am new to driving stick n my car has a stage 1 exedy clutch so my take offs aint the best but def not stalling it cuz it turns off when i take it out of gear not when im trying to take off :lol:

but n e way im not sure when its been serviced cuz i bought it not 2 long ago i did get the valves adjusted though thats about it n i changed the oil but everyone dose that.

maybe i should have some1 check the timing?>

speedin

The Transporter
sounds just like a low idle to me. check vaccume lines for a leak. might have to adjust idle up. hum what else.. i think its something on the intake side tho.

konig16

speedin said:
sounds just like a low idle to me. check vaccume lines for a leak. might have to adjust idle up. hum what else.. i think its something on the intake side tho.
iono it dont make sense though cuz the car idles at like 1500 n will end up at about 1000 once it warms up but only gos lower every once n a while when it turns off like that so its not like it idles normaly just everyonce n a while it dicides to idle low and even shut off.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
you should be idling at about 750 rpms. if its up to like 1000 1500 like you say your throttle cable might be too tight, because that happened to me and i just had to loosen it a very very little bit.

speedin

The Transporter
nexgenintegra said:
you should be idling at about 750 rpms. if its up to like 1000 1500 like you say your throttle cable might be too tight, because that happened to me and i just had to loosen it a very very little bit.
yea 1000-1500 is way high. what happens when u turn on the a/c at idle?

konig16

speedin said:
yea 1000-1500 is way high. what happens when u turn on the a/c at idle?
well some1 i know thats good friends with the previous owner told me it has stage1 cams in it and i have hurd that will make a car idle high but my throttle cable is loose i already checked it its not to loose though. As far as the ac gos i dont have ac