car won't start.

jxeyd

yeah, so my 89 wouldn't start today. ran fine earlier this morning but this after noon it won't start. battery is fine, just cleaned my spark plugs, etc. It sounds like it's trying to spark and it just won't turn over.

Here's the big thing: I listened to the fuel pump when a friend turned it to "ON": it sounds a little different, deeper in pitch, and then when it stops "winding up" there's a sound like air bubbles are floating to the surface of my gas tank.

any suggestions? daily driver so help would be nice.:p

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
if your fuel pump is making noise, than it is probably working

get a fuel pressure tester and check your fuel pressure

that will tell you if its your pump or not

89teggie

89teggie
haha, that'd be my damn luck, no gas. idk man, check your fuel pressure. if it aint that, maybe somethings stopped up? clogged fuel filter maybe?

jxeyd

yeah, there is gas in the tank. I've "cleaned' the filter recently, like I said. any chance of it being injectors or fuel lines?

89teggie

89teggie
i doubt it, if all 4 injectors failed at one time, haha. after u try to crank it and it wont start. pull your spark plugs and see if they are saturated in gas. if they are u aint getting spark. if they aint, u aint gettin fuel. that'll help u isolate where the problem lies.