car wont run help!

legenddriver

ok the problem it runs when you take the vacuum line for the brakes off or the the one for the oil breather thats it and it revs up and down. i have no idea what to do. has this every happend to any one else or know what i could do. its a b18c5 in a 98 ek hatch thanks for the help

DA_styLez916

NorCal Tuner
cheeck your map sensor on the throttle body... before my coupe got jacked i had swaped a gsr in it and i broke the plug on the back of the throttle body.... it sounds like the same proble that your running into....

legenddriver

no i dont smart ass! i cant tell you if it helped or not cuz its on my friends car that is 1200 miles away! im in phoenix arizona going to school at UTI. plus after thinking bout it it couldnt be the map cuz its not pulling a code for the map and the map is one of the most important sensors on a car if it wasnt conected of something was wrong with it it would for sure pull a code for it. i think it has something to do with iac and air/fuel ratio.

DA_styLez916

NorCal Tuner
mine wasnt all the way broken,,,, well it was broken but the 3 prongs were still conected so it worked but it ran like shit... but if thats not it, id try the distributer.... if those go out they dont throw a code..... lol my bad for bein a smartass :roll: