Car won't go in gear

NcSi

So when the cars off it goes in every gear fine.....but when u start the car in neutral it wont go in any gear. You can start in first and rev match through the gears though.....i have a innovative cable to hydrolic converter dont know if that had nething to do with it.....just recently put the swap in...so helpppp?

NcSi

clutch looked fine....my friend (tech) had trans apart before swap...were thinking throw out bearing or pressure plate

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If the clutch was fried you wouldn't be going anywhere, it would just slip.

I'd start by checking the hydraulics. It sounds like it may not be fully disengaging the clutch

NcSi

i have the cable to hydrolic actuacter......it utililizes the cable with a converter to work with the hydro trans

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
im thinking pressure plate might be bad or one of the master cylinders

NcSi

Well we figured it out saturday....the pressure plate was seized! Replaced it and everything works great now :)

I have a similar problem, but it only happens when I go to park. Drives me nuts... :( I better find the pressure plate.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well we figured it out saturday....the pressure plate was seized! Replaced it and everything works great now :)
thats good, my friend's pressure plate on his suzuki sx4 is crack i think and his clutch is engaged and wont disengage