Can't lock from the inside

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
Is it supposed to be like this? my friends teg can do it when you hold the handle open, only difference is he doesn't have the power lock on the hatch, and i do. all other Honda's i know can... but for some reason the lock wont move when i try to lock it from the inside, even if i force it it will more a little but it feels like i'm gonna break it.... any thoughts? if the linkage was off or it was broke then it would just wobble around with ease...

The front badge is it just a stick on? or is it the type with pegs?

heykosal

Angkorian
Mine does the same shit. The driver's side door will not lock unless the door is closed. So basically I have to get out, close the door, and lock with my key, or have the passenger hit the lock button. Otherwise, when teh door is open, it wont lock. BUT when the driver's door is closed it locks and unlocks FINE! IDK why, I just deal with it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Try holding the interior door handle open and hitting the lock button, then close your door and its locked. It worked in my G2.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
Mine does the same shit. The driver's side door will not lock unless the door is closed. So basically I have to get out, close the door, and lock with my key, or have the passenger hit the lock button. Otherwise, when teh door is open, it wont lock. BUT when the driver's door is closed it locks and unlocks FINE! IDK why, I just deal with it.

Mine wont even lock when the door is closed, it will not lock at all without the key, even with the handle open

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
mine did the same. i timed it by locking it then flicking the lock so that it helped guide it over. it became second nature.

jdm xiong

hold the handle on the inside and hit the lock button or just get an alarm with a keyless entry and you wont have to do this again.:D

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
Nevermind guys it'll lock, just had to be given a little more encouragement then i wanted to give, last time i pressed that hard i snapped the lock on my old car lol

Winki

Undercover mod
Nevermind guys it'll lock, just had to be given a little more encouragement then i wanted to give, last time i pressed that hard i snapped the lock on my old car lol
see a little force goes a long way just watch the fonz

jd94psi

Slightly Removed
yea my shit does the same thing i was wondering that also but the key saver idea does make sense, good shit