Can a B16a1 engine go in a DA?

BlueMistDA

Can a b16a1 engine go into a DA with a b18a1 tranny? And does anyone know a place that swaps in norcal?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
STOP ASKING THIS QUESTION AND SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord! I see this question weekly! lol

there are seriously 4 differnet threads on page one of this section asking about swapping motors.

The only motor that couldn't be swapped into our Integra's was the K series motor, and now (thanks to bored people) there are mounts out so we can have K powered G2's.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
ever heard of an xsi?....better tranny though.

BlueMistDA

STOP ASKING THIS QUESTION AND SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord! I see this question weekly! lol

there are seriously 4 differnet threads on page one of this section asking about swapping motors.

The only motor that couldn't be swapped into our Integra's was the K series motor, and now (thanks to bored people) there are mounts out so we can have K powered G2's.

if you read it more throughly, i'm basically asking if a b18a1 tranny is compatible with a b16a1 engine, my bad for angering people like you. Just wanted to see if there are any major problems when using a different type of tranny

Last edited:

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
its compatible, but as integra_hot stated, not worth doing. the gears in the b18a transmission are too long, you'd fall out of vtec every time you shift and acceleration would be really bad. you'd actually lose to NA b18 integras. also, IMO a b16 swap into a DA isn't worth it either. if you'd like to swap, go with a B18C. costs more, but its an entirely different animal. with the b16, you'll only notice a difference in noise (VTEC). with the B18C, you'll get the noise (better sounding noise as well, VTEC sounds meaner on the 1.8's) AAAND a noticable gain in performance. every time i see guys wanting to swap b16's into integras, i always try to steer them away from it. as it won't be ANY faster than the b18a that came out. you get more power, but MUCH LESS torque.

my buddy swapped a b16 in his integra (DA) and for comparison purposes, he wanted to run me before and after the swap.

before when it was LS vs LS i beat him by about half a car and steady pulling away (mine was mildly modded THEN, and it has since become quite the stout little LS, to the tune of 144WHP)

anyway, that was then. he swapped the b16 in the next weekend. we ran again, on the same stretch of road (nothing changed on my car from the previous race) and i killed him by well over a full car length. unless you decide to go b16b (Civic Type-R) then b16's are pretty much a waste IMO.

Sammich

also b16 walls aren't as strong as the b18c1

don't swap in the b16 IMO

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
ACTUALLY, believe it or not, they are a little stronger than b18's ;)

the cylinder walls are made of the same material and are thicker than b18's. hence the smaller displacement. great for making 500hp stock block boosted machines. but crap for NA performance. you dont see too many all motor b16's any more, they just dont have the torque. B18C's and LS/VTEC is where its at. and the B20/VTEC setup is becoming really popular as of late for all motor use. but its probably the worst setup to use for boost (unless you get a Dart Block B20, then you're set, but thats BIG $$$$)

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
if you read it more throughly, i'm basically asking if a b18a1 tranny is compatible with a b16a1 engine, my bad for angering people like you. Just wanted to see if there are any major problems when using a different type of tranny
I'm pretty sure even that has been answered...... Sorry for coming off as an ass, I was just angry yesterday. lol

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
tell that to a friend of mine who decided to boost his b16
its all in the tuning. HCi built a non sleeved b16 and boosted the hell out of it until it blew at almost 500hp. they then rebuilt it and proceeded to make well over 500hp. any honda motor, when properly tuned, can handle around 500hp. unless the cylinder walls are badly worn, they are the last thing to go when the motor gives out. usually the rings go first, you'll lose massive compression, then you'll start getting oil into the combustion chamber, which when burned with the air/fuel mixture will cause detonation etc. which will destroy the pistons after a little while. and when they finally give out you will then more than likely have irrepairable cylinder wall damage. anyway, enough of that mess, it has almost nothing to do with guys question. sorry.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
ACTUALLY, believe it or not, they are a little stronger than b18's ;)

the cylinder walls are made of the same material and are thicker than b18's. hence the smaller displacement. great for making 500hp stock block boosted machines. but crap for NA performance. you dont see too many all motor b16's any more, they just dont have the torque. B18C's and LS/VTEC is where its at. and the B20/VTEC setup is becoming really popular as of late for all motor use. but its probably the worst setup to use for boost (unless you get a Dart Block B20, then you're set, but thats BIG $$$$)
its only like 2k...........thats not that much.......im jk