California Referre Sticker?

96GSR

:shock: hey i need to know if i need a referre sticker for my car. its a 95 integra ls special edition with a 96 gsr motor,gsr tranny and gsr ecu...but ya since its a different motor. do i need a Referre sticker for my car to pass test only smog? or do you only need a ref. sticker if you put a integra motor in a civic or something? becuase if i need it and i dont have it they will probably fail on visual inspection right? also the jackson racing supercharger is smog and carb legal it california right? :???:

also i thought i might need one becuase its a obd1 body & orignal ls motor is obd1 and now i have the obd2 gsr motor.

:???:if some one could please answer my question's i would greatly appreciate it!!! or if you can give me a website were i can find out if i need the sticker thanks!! :???:

Last edited:

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
yes it needs to be reffed ... altough if i were you id first try and make it all stock and take it to the test only, slap an ls valve cover on it so they think its an ls and maybe they wont notice on the block

I hope you converted the car to odb2 or youre in for a world of hurt the ref completly fucked over my friend who put a 95 d16z6 ex motor into his 89 civic si hatch

96GSR

what do you mean get the car converted to obd 2? and is the jackson racing supercharger carb and smog legal in california? also if it was that means it would also pass in the visual if you had one right? lets say i take my car to get smoged at a test only...and the guy smoging it doesnt realize i have a 96 gsr motor in 95 integra...and he passes the car in the visual and in the emissions the car passes...would the smog tech get any shit later for not realizing about the motor etc....?

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
a 95 is obd1

your 96 motor is obd2

JSRC is carb legal as far as i know

if it passes at the test only place no he would not get in trouble later. My friend with the d16z6 passed a few times no problem, but then his dumbass had to go and put a polished vtec valve cover on the shit and thats probably how they noticed.

speedin

The Transporter
danm this is why i love florida. no emisions :lol: . but dont u guys have people that will pass u for a fee? im shure there are tons of them

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
ca has new stricter smog regs

back in the day an illegal used to cost like $200

now its up to 5 or 6 cause of the risk involved if the tech gets caught, and all the computer shit involved to fake it

richeeee

You can use my address in arizona.......

Get your car plated in AZ.....

Lot less headache...........

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
glendale still has smog though right?

If you were in prescott or somewhere id deff be down to do it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I LOVE PA!!! They dont give a shit what you do, and the dont require front lisence plates. They are starting emission testing around here, mostly on 97+ or maybe 95+ cars. Lucky me only has to get a visual cat test ( dont check if its hollow) and a gas cap.

Regulator23

i dont mind smog but could we atleast be like japan and be 5 years rather than 20....i mean the muscle guys get away with F***ING EVERYTHING!!! heh just my opinion, oh can we get 110 octane gas like in europe ?? heh

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
japan makes everyone put in new motors!

How you think we get all those jdm motors that got 30k on em.

and you can get 110 octane out at sears point but i dont know how much it is.