Buying Options

Md426

I want to buy something for my car, It's nothing serious and won't be high end or anything. I can get a few things, Spider 2 body kit ($75 from a local guy), Under drive pully (ebay....), Exhaust Headers (ebay....), Plug wires (don't need them but would look nice), steering wheel (hate the OEM one), Strut/Tie bars (idk if it's a good idea), and any suggestions from anyone?

91whiteteg

you need to remember that it is your car and you need to do whatever it is YOU want to do to YOUR car. Alot of people will bash all of the ebay stuff becuase IT IS cheap and poorly made but as long as it makes you happy go for it.

DarkDB1

The point of a car community is to help eachother. If he were to get those ebay parts, They are cheaply made and will most likely cause damage rather then do a upgrade.

I dont know what you can do to it, I dont know what's already done to it.

A body kit is no way, Cheap fiber glass will break crack with the slightest impact and chances are you wont paint it since you're obviously strapped for cash, Under drive pulley from ebay will do nothing. I personally don't know anyone who has one to say if it'll hold up or not. But seeing it's from ebay... I doubt it. Header from ebay no way, I know afew people have had the headers leak and rust out within the first 60 days... Plug wires, depeds on the brand NGK or something will work.... Steering wheel, For your own safety DO NOT buy the hub from ebay... A good steering wheel hub will run you atleast $70. I had a Ebay steering wheel hub and wheel for about 3 weeks, Until one day i noticed play in the wheel was getting worse. Took it apart and noticed it was stripping with each turn. If i would of kept it on, 1 strong turn would of completely stripped it and the car would keep going straight. The ebay steering wheel i had abit longer, after about 2 months the stitching began to fall off and the metal was flimsy... Strut tie bars are just that, strut tie bars. I know several people who use ebay bars without any problems, then again it doesnt make that big of a difference unless you have some good suspension set up.

Just my 2 cents and advice.

Md426

The point of a car community is to help eachother. If he were to get those ebay parts, They are cheaply made and will most likely cause damage rather then do a upgrade.

I dont know what you can do to it, I dont know what's already done to it.

A body kit is no way, Cheap fiber glass will break crack with the slightest impact and chances are you wont paint it since you're obviously strapped for cash, Under drive pulley from ebay will do nothing. I personally don't know anyone who has one to say if it'll hold up or not. But seeing it's from ebay... I doubt it. Header from ebay no way, I know afew people have had the headers leak and rust out within the first 60 days... Plug wires, depeds on the brand NGK or something will work.... Steering wheel, For your own safety DO NOT buy the hub from ebay... A good steering wheel hub will run you atleast $70. I had a Ebay steering wheel hub and wheel for about 3 weeks, Until one day i noticed play in the wheel was getting worse. Took it apart and noticed it was stripping with each turn. If i would of kept it on, 1 strong turn would of completely stripped it and the car would keep going straight. The ebay steering wheel i had abit longer, after about 2 months the stitching began to fall off and the metal was flimsy... Strut tie bars are just that, strut tie bars. I know several people who use ebay bars without any problems, then again it doesnt make that big of a difference unless you have some good suspension set up.

Just my 2 cents and advice.
Thanks for the advice, Ill save up a little and wait for taxes to come back then ill get a good set of wheels or full coil overs.

BTW I would have painted the body kit, I'm going to repaint my car black this spring, it's too cold right now.

hamfacekilla

ebay is an ok place to get your stuff as long as its good quality name brand stuff, not those off brand stores, i got some air filters of ebay that are K&N for a cheaper price then their site.