Burning Oil

JDMmikE

Is it possible to burn 2 quarts of oil over night? Was it the racing or do I have a very serious problem :???:

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
JDMmikE said:
Is it possible to burn 2 quarts of oil over night? Was it the racing or do I have a very serious problem :???:
yeah dude you may wanna check for leaks and smoke from the Exhaust

JDMmikE

obd1kenobi said:
yeah dude you may wanna check for leaks and smoke from the Exhaust
There are no leaks but I do have some smoke from the exhaust but that’s because I have no cat. I did drive the car really hard last night, dragged like maybe 10 times, and constantly hitting vtec throughout the night... I don't know if vtec burns oil?

JDMmikE

I checked my oil before I went out it was perfect and then I checked it this morning and it was between the 2 holes on the dipstick...

JDMmikE

Okay I took it to the Acura dealer and he said it was normal if I raced the car all night. He said I burned approximately a half of court of oil. I might change the oil later today when it gets colder outside lol…. My friend told me to put Lucas in the oil… what is Lucas? And what does it do?

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
lucas additive increases the viscosity( i think thats how you spell it) of your oil. my best friends dad uses it in his stingray ...i m not sure how that would help your situation though.

integra evan

What kind of oil are you using? Oil WILL burn in VTEC, especially if you're using Mobil 1 5W30. Lucas is an oil stabilizer, won't really help that much as constant VTEC will still burn oil.

TOTAL_JDM

various people have recomended me Lucas too, dont really know if it works good or what does it do..

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
integra evan said:
What kind of oil are you using? Oil WILL burn in VTEC, especially if you're using Mobil 1 5W30. Lucas is an oil stabilizer, won't really help that much as constant VTEC will still burn oil.
Wow

JDMmikE

So should I use regular oil or synthetic right now I use mobile 1? If I use Lucas do I only get put in 3 quarts of oil?

integra evan

If you've been using Mobil 1 synthetic, then keep putting that in there. I'm just letting you know that burning oil is normal while driving in VTEC, it's just that Mobil 1 5W30 likes to burn a little easier. You don't really need Lucas.

k624ash

JDMmikE said:
I checked my oil before I went out it was perfect and then I checked it this morning and it was between the 2 holes on the dipstick...
isnt it supposed to be between the two holes?