Brake Pad Options??

GSROWNSU

When i get my gsr out of storage next month i need new pads in the rear. Any brands you guys would recommend or should i just get the stock pads. I do have drilled and slotted rotors but i'm not sure what brand they are.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
^^ebc and their rotors are nice too i think imma get a set of their stuff when i need a brake job

GSROWNSU

the ebc green stuff looks good but i can't find a set for the rears. EBC has to make a set for the rear pads but i can only find the fronts!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
PogKai said:
I had EBC green on my civic.. great stuff. I'm gonna try hawk on my teg soon.
I have EBC on my eclipse and they're are good. But i have the Hawks on the teg and they kick ass. they're more heat resistant than the ebc's but take a little longer to heat up. I still like the hawks better.

P.S.- AEM pads suck! they'll fade under hard braking almost as quick as the stock ones, they just grab a little harder before they do.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
obd1kenobi said:
Guess I'll try the EBC on my next brake job sense everyone says there good stuff.
They are good. I just want to switch mine around. Put the EBC on the teg and the Hawk on the GSX since its alot heavier and see's harder abuse. The EBC should be better on the teg then they are on my GSX since its so much lighter. That's what I'm going to do next time.

GSROWNSU

i still can't find rear pads by ebc??? Can anyone else find them i'm gonna the fronts and the rears but the rears were worse when i put the car in storage. Do they make rear pads?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
GSROWNSU said:
i still can't find rear pads by ebc??? Can anyone else find them i'm gonna the fronts and the rears but the rears were worse when i put the car in storage. Do they make rear pads?
i just searched yahoo and found this real quick. This proves they do make them but you migth be able to find them cheaper somewhere else.
http://www.racepages.com/brands/buy.php?part_name=brake_pad_set&brand=ebc&make=acura&model=integra&year=1996

http://www.car-stuff.com/performance/quote.php?make=2&year=1996&model=3&brand=770&part_name=12&category=

PogKai

B20VTEC
obd1kenobi said:
Guess I'll try the EBC on my next brake job sense everyone says there good stuff.
you won't be disappointed. the only downside I think it's the price.. when I bought mine they were almost like $10 more expensive than the hawks.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
PogKai said:
you won't be disappointed. the only downside I think it's the price.. when I bought mine they were almost like $10 more expensive than the hawks.
Hawks are generally $10 more than the EBC's now