boost or swap?

batratyester

So I just join club integra a few weeks ago and have been doing some searching and reading around for options or ideas for my integra and I was wondering what your opinions are on what I should do. I have a 99 ls automatic integra. First off I can't stand automatics but seeing how my parents bought the car for me I didn't really have a say in the matter because it was a gift. Its got 89 thousand miles on it and I definitly need to get this hp up. Becauase of the milage I don't know if I should go turbo or get an a 18Bc5 swap. If I go turbo them I would get a 5-speed swap cause manual is the only way to drive. What do you guys think I should do?

1329itr00

Type R
i wouldn't boost on the high mileage i would go with the swap then go all motor its more reliable and vtec is fun... not as fun as turbo tho... but its still fun

ForceFed

...Relapsed
you have to keep your turbo in tune. especially at high mileage. you should only invest in a turbo if you have the time and money to invest too.

id suggest the B18C5 swap.

batratyester

thanks for the feed back yall! how much do you think it would cost for the labor for that type of swap?

oh yea! and one more thing. Does anyone here know if the RSR ExMag GTII Catback exhaust is going to be too loud for the street even with the silencer? If anyone knows anything about this exhaust much infor would be appreciated.. THAnks for all of your imputs

Last edited: