Best way to change timing belt?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
How do I change the timing belt on the 92 integra gs 4dr? I heard theres a tool to make it easier too

wite2nr

pick up a haynes manual or some sort of service manual. a crank pully took makes it easy, but its not necessary. here is what it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-pzP8g_x4

after the pully is off (DONT LOOSE THE LITTLE PIN!!!) you can loosen the tensioner, pop off the timing belt (I would change the water pump while you have the belt off), the get everything TDC and slap it back together. thats my quick write up haha.

maq

pick up a haynes manual or some sort of service manual. a crank pully took makes it easy, but its not necessary. here is what it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-pzP8g_x4

after the pully is off (DONT LOOSE THE LITTLE PIN!!!) you can loosen the tensioner, pop off the timing belt (I would change the water pump while you have the belt off), the get everything TDC and slap it back together. thats my quick write up haha.
Just bought one of these, wish i had it when i changed my belt. I need to replace my pump and tensioner and recheck my mark on the crank, can' wait to use this tool.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I heard there is a tool to lock the cams so they don't move? and I can get the crank off easy because I have a stick shift. See I did this before on another honda for a friend. Little did I know it was an inter engine which means the valves can touch the pistons. So I don't wanna fk this one up

maq

I heard there is a tool to lock the cams so they don't move? and I can get the crank off easy because I have a stick shift. See I did this before on another honda for a friend. Little did I know it was an inter engine which means the valves can touch the pistons. So I don't wanna fk this one up
I have a manual too, and it still spun with it in 1st and reverse.

All you need to keep the cams at TDC is two 5 MM allen wrenches, or punches. On the driver side of the cams there is a hole on both cams to drop a 5mm rod thru the cam retainer and then into the cam.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
If you needed to start a thread about this, then take it to a shop and save yourself some trouble.