battery and headlight motor

chrisjimenez00

Hey guys I'm ssorry to repost about my battery light being on but I just realized that my headlight motor light is on as well...my headlights work fine though...they pop up and close with no problems...I even went as far as popping the hood and manually turning the peice that pops them up and down and it gets to a point where they automatically turn themselfs and idk if that's like a reset or not...I had my mechanic look at my alternator and he just banged it with a hammer a few times and the light went off and so did the headlight light as well...drove it for a few min and left the motor running for like 20 min...turned the car off and waited a few min and turned it backk on only to find both lights came back on (battery and headlight)...another thing I found interesting was if I'm driving both lights with turn off and in like a min come back on...it seems that the battery light and the headlight light are some how connected?...any ideas?

Classa64

The headlamp light is wired in as part of the charging lamp circut...Your alt is bad, had the same issue.