bad brakes

chrisjimenez00

Ok there's something wrong with my brakes...when I first got the car and got it fixed up and drove it the brake pedal felt really lose...so my mechanic said I might have air in my lines so he bleed my lines...he said there was a little air in the rear but the front ones were fine...he also said I still have about 50% left on my pads...anyways after he bleed the lines I got a little more stiffness back in the peddle but its just not braking right...like for me to brake I have to push the peddle all the way down and use some force and then ill notice and fell the car start to slow down...now my mechanic said that its most likely the master cylider needs to be replaced...what do u guys think?

Classa64

Is the parking brake working...the rear calipers have internal parking brake and if its not adjusting the back brakes up by using it and keeping the pads close to the rotors the pedal will be very low and crappy...try pulling up on the parking brake a few clicks and seeing if the pedal is firmer. If the rachet mechanism in the parking brake is not working the caliper piston has to travel farther to push the pad against the rotor and thats why the low pedal.