auto to manual throwing a code

LSvtecboi

ok i did my auto to manual conversion awhile ago and i have had a code ever since.... and i need to get rid of it now..

i am using a manual p75 LS ecu, a built GSR manual tranny, and an LS motor.. i was told that i could use the auto wiring harness and everything does plug up fine and it runs pretty good.. but i am throwing an automatic transmission code.. i didnt think that was possible with the manual ecu.. but its there... With the auto wiring harness i only had 2 plugs i think that didnt hook up and they went straight to the tranny...

can anyone give me some tech help.. someone who has done a conversion before.. possibly

thanx

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
.... are you sure it's manual tranny ecu?

cause manual's don't have automatic transmissions... lol. That would throw a Torque Converter code.

LSvtecboi

i do believe i put the p75 dohc non vtec obd2 computer in it... but how can i double check to see if it is the correct manual ecu

the code it is throwing is

P1660 A/T-FI Data Line Failure/TCM - ECM Halt

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yeah... I really don't think a manual ecu should even be able to think about throwing auto codes..

Let me dig a little and I'll get back to you.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yeah bro... your ecu is trying to talk to your transmission control module and well.... it can't really do that. lol

LSvtecboi

so i have the wrong ecu?

if i took it to the dealer would they be able to tell me if it was manu or auto.

eg9

just switch it out with an ecu that you know is a manual ecu that might be easier if you can find one

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
dealer will probably tell you the same thing, but sure!

They plug into it they should.. Try it! lol