Aussie Or Kuchta

lsvtecna

What's up guys it's time for another new thread, lol. I just recieved my rc450cc injectors and fuel pressure regulator and in my lsvtec I am running the PR3 pistons, I'm a little unsure of the compression, I know that it's considerably higher than a stock b16 and b18a, but I was wondering if I will need a tune after I install these or will the ECU adjust to make the appropriate settings, I read a good guide that says a safe bet is 450cc injectors with 41psi in the rail and i'm running a spoon sports b16 ECU. Info would be appreciated if you have any.

lsvtecna

and anyone that replies with man b16 ecu get the pxx chipped mapped and dynoed and flow tested and blah blah, listen if I had the money to do that shit, i wouldnt be posting and i would just by a lambo!!! lol

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, I can't say I've had a thread personalized to me in a while... or maybe ever, but hey!

Your ecu will just change how long the injector is open, and that's only on the short trim fuel map... After long enough it'll adjust the long term, but you'll probably end up getting codes from your o2 sensor or cat...

I suggest you get a tune to adjust fuel trims... but I've never swapped injectors or had an aftermarket ecu. lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
What motor are you running? Also if your running an N/A setup with 450cc injectors plan on being extremly rich. Your stock ecu won't compensate for shit. I'm running 370cc in my motor and it's still running rich. I haven't had time (and my computer has been down) to fully tune it so I compensated an ITR map a little just to be safe for now.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I believe he has a B18A block and b16 head.

Compression ratio calculator HERE

You'll need a tune for injectors that big.

lsvtecna

That compression calculator is the worst thing i ever seen! lol, it was like walt disney decided to build an lsvtec and used mickey and the gang for parts! Here is the best write up I've ever read on the net,

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/build-reliable-ls-vtec-85477/

Kudos to this guy, this is what i used to build mine, I've had issues but they were all electrical, the break in was also good, I dont burn a drop of oil.

and ya b18a block b16a head valve train cams oil pump and water pump, i would write the hold list of crap in my sig but i'm not a homo.

is there any program and reader to adjust the fuel map with out buying hondata or chrome or any other fuel management stuff, there are some maps on a site that are downloadable from pgmfi.org or something like that but you need something to install them wtih and a chip to put them into right, you just can't change the map on the ecu with a cable and computer? I dont know much about that mechanical stuff ya electrical stuff f*&$ no

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You either need to chip your ecu and then have some one burn it with a map or else get a piggy back like hondata or neptune. Either way your looking at at least 400 after the socketing and programing. Plus money if you have someone else tune it. My suggestion is take out those injectors and put some stock ones in. You don't need anything bigger than a stock injector with that engine. Or run some prelude injectors.