Anybody got this issue with their 4dr tegs

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Well I talked to my girl yesterday an she said that on the trunk of my teg there was like a half an inch of water and then she also told me that the rear carpet was wet too..she swore that all the door, window ,trunk where shut tight.. I think it might be the taillights rubber seals but I dont know about the rear seat carpet.. my car has a sunroof so im suspecting that... anybody has this problem or had it before?? thanks....

Johnny Tex

I had the same problem with my 4 door Civic EX. It was the sunroof drain tube.

temporary fix? get a self tapping screw and drill a hole at the lowest point. When all the water's gone and it's dry, spray the bare metal with a little rubberized undercoat. Save the screw for when you finally fix the drain tube to plug the hole back up. :thumbs up

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
could be the trunk seal or the antenna ... or just might be the lights ... check it out .... :) i hope you ffind the problem i once had a leak in my teg and it too me a week to find the spot .......lol good luck :)

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
thanks for the replies.. I guess when I get home in sept Im gonna have me a little project.. thanks again for the useful info :D

DB8_228

dude..my trunk does that too. my friend said it was my rubber seals around the trunk when you open it up. haha. but mine doesnt let that much water in thou.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
yeah but I havent drove the car in over a month, god knows how many times it has rained, but my girl bought a car cover for it and she said she took all the water out with a wet vac so it should be allright till I come back.. thanks