antenna replacement question

voltagebluedc2

First and foremost, i searched long and hard through the forums so dont tell me to search.

Like every other person on this site, my antenna mast doesn't go down anymore. And, I am looking to replace it.

I have seen most of the people do the S2000 antenna conversion either OEM or by Locustoms. Some people do internal antenna that sticks on their rear windshield. Some mount it to the top of their roof where the water squirter would be. One guy even went out and bought a cheap 'ol black antenna that sticks straight up. And, Some people just shave it or plug it up with an ugly rubber plug.

My dillemma is I dont like any of these options aforementioned. I dont want to buy a new replacement antenna mast because I dont want it breaking twice (like what happened to another member or two). Although it is very popular, I think the S2000 one is disproportional and does not flow with the rest of the car. Furthermore, I dont want to have to bother shaving it (b/c I dont have the funds for that right now). I basically want to install an antenna where the stock power one is located. But keep in mind, I dont want my car looking cheap.

I've been eyeing some cars on the road with stock antennas that may look nice on the integra. The scion Tc and the BMW Z4 stock antenna angles and sits at about the right height for my taste. So, my question:
Has anyone installed this type of antenna on their integra? IF so, where did you get one that fit the integra stock location? If not, what are some other options for an antenna replacement? (no S2000, no internal, no shaving, nothing cheap looking).

Ok, thanks for all your help guys/girls!

Happy holidays

-Ant

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Get a replica S2000 antenna like I did.

I got it for around $37 on eBay from member locustom. Very easy to install, if you've installed a radio before. That's my advice.