another gen 1 won't start

rl2001

ok, here the skinny, car ran fine, then engine blew, changed enginn with reman, verified all mechanical timing correct before installing in car and hooking up all electrical and hoses. went to start and nothing, went through the whole chiltons and haynes manuals, found main relay bad. replaced, no change. distributor checked out OK. the only thing so far is that the TPS reads backward from the book, 4.5 volts throttle closed and .5 volts WOT, have notced that this has been asked about for numerous generations of integras. so is the book wrong. since i have neved changed the TPS or messed with the wiring. after taking the complete wiring harness covering off and looking for shorts, no joy..... ecu seems to work, and when i do get it to try to start, when i turn the key it will fire a cylinder, almost like a short in the efi system.. when i did finally get it to start it would run fine cold, but once it got warm it would idle OK, but touch the throttle, and it would stall. now cannot get it to fire back up. and the ecu now has a 9 code, which o joy, according the book is crank postion sensor cannot find #1 cylinder. changed the cam position sensor, now waiting for a new distributor to show up, since the book says crank position id part of the distributor and not a chnageable part. any thing else i forgot to check please respond as i am about ready to shot this old dead horse.

rl2001

well got the distributor, and it now runs, and found a wire broken in the harness, at a solder point. but now i still hgave miss firing between 2-3k rpm. so still chacing issues. any help would be great.