Annoying sound

mteg

Automatic Lover
So my 2001 Integra started making an annoying sound in the past week or so. Every time that I make a right hand turn, he here what can only be described as a sound like a playing card in a bike tire. It only occurs when I make a right had turn and as I go faster the noise gets faster. It sounds like it is comming from my rear passanger wheel. I've checked both tires on that side, and neither are rubbing or have anything stuck in them. I have 2 ideas. THe first is that somehow with all the snow and crap, my dust shield on my break might be bent and hitting my rim, but only when extra pressure is on the wheel like when I'm making a right hand turn. The other idea I have is that my shock might be blown out on that side. I have the stock shocks/struts with an Eibach prokit (1.3" drop) and adjustable ball joints. They say that the stock ones are fine, but they also said I wouldn't need a camber kit either. Iv'e had the springs on for about 3 years now so its possible thats the culprit. Anyway, if it is the suspension, I can tough it out till the summer when I can swap a full coilover kit in. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on this.:???:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
might be your CV joint... get that checked.

but if its coming from the rear, then I don't know

mteg

Automatic Lover
It sounds like its comming from the rear-it's possible. I thought that at first about being the cv joint. I'm really leaning towards the strut. By the way, our clubs looking at comming up to the dells for camping and to go Automotion may 19th and 20th.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
awesome! I'll put in for off then. Hit me with some details when you know. I'll see if I can't get my crew together, I'm sure they'd be in for it!

I forgot all about that! shit... I didn't make it last year, but I'm for sure going to be there this year! lol. that'd be sweet if I can get painted by then (doubtful tho). get a honda team cruisin together. w00t! lol

mteg

Automatic Lover
Is it possible that my wheel bearings are going out? Car only has 75,000 miles.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well....anything is possible. Especailly if you drive in alot of sand or snow (salt)

But they should last much longer than 75k miles