Alternator?

steelermike27

I think my alt jus went. when i was drivin, i got two red lights on the dash. one was the bettery light, and the other was the head-lamp light. like the little light that is supposed to show when one of the headlight motors isn't workin. I hear from 3 people that their pretty sure my alternator just gave up. Plus, one of my moms friends, a honda mechanic, said that on most hondas, the alt is the first to go. if anyone has any information regarding this, pleas let me kno. i already ordered the alt, i just want to make sure that is the problem. thank you.

mirrorimg

Well the easy way to know if its the alternator or not is to turn on and let your car run. The alternator should charge the battery while its running, so if your lights start dimming then its because the alternator is not working to recharge the battery.

Edit: its usually a good idea to ask about a problem before you go out ordering parts. You should have first taken it in to get the alternator tested before ordering a new one.

graveyardhippie

Well the easy way to know if its the alternator or not is to turn on and let your car run. The alternator should charge the battery while its running, so if your lights start dimming then its because the alternator is not working to recharge the battery.

Edit: its usually a good idea to ask about a problem before you go out ordering parts. You should have first taken it in to get the alternator tested before ordering a new one.
dido, a digitial volt meter will tell you real quick if your alt is not putting out like it's supposed to, or you can drive down to autozone or advance, they will gladly put your alt under a stress test to see if it's bad.

i personally got aggrevated changing the alt and just took the whole axle out. i wish you the best on that one.