airbox modification

96 LS

okay, so you guys know what the stock airbox looks like right?(LS, i dont know if others are different) i want to keep the stock tubing from the TB to the airbox itself, but using a hacksaw or something removing the rest of the tubing and bottom of the box. i know anything is possible, is this worth it? will there be any gains? its kinda like the best of both worlds CAI or SRI. itd be something fun to do as well. let me know what all of you all think :)

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
theres a dyi on here somewheres about the ice box speedin did it theres a better way to do it ask him im sure he or someone else can get you the link

ltrain

96 LS said:
so there would be no gain doing this? what i mean is...itll be pointless to do?
i would try it but u would have to take the whole resonator out and i dont know whats gonna give u a clean cut

speedin

The Transporter
96 LS said:
so there would be no gain doing this? what i mean is...itll be pointless to do?
no it is very useful. it is a icebox. the same comptech uses. it is the same design that realtime racing uses in their race integra's. not to mention u get a cai with out ever having to worry about hydrolocking. not to mention it is quiet. and very very sleeper. ok here comes the link. and some pix of mine;LINKY