AHHH!!!!! Clutch Problems!

That_sick_LS

Alright I got a 95 Ls and just recently ( with in the past week) my clutch has started acting funny, like when i first get in it I have to put the clutch all the way to the floor and even than its still hard to put into gear, but after i leave it started for a little while not warm up or anything just let the fluids get moving and I get some of my clutch pressure back but not all of it....Anyone know what is wrong please help!!!!
Oh ya I have checked both brake fluid resevoirs that I could find and both are full to the top.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That sounds like it is the slave cylinder leaking if it is leaving puddles of fluid underneath. The slave cylinder is bolted to the tranny by the bell housing via 2 bolts and a hard line. They are easy to change out and cost like $10-$15

Just gotta make sure you bleed all of the air out of the system after you change it.

That_sick_LS

That sounds like it is the slave cylinder leaking if it is leaving puddles of fluid underneath. The slave cylinder is bolted to the tranny by the bell housing via 2 bolts and a hard line. They are easy to change out and cost like $10-$15

Just gotta make sure you bleed all of the air out of the system after you change it.
lol how do you bleed the air out, I like trying to do stuff my self, its ALOT cheaper.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You need a friend to help you. On the slave cylinder there is a bleeder nipple similar to what is used on the brake calipers to bleed them. Stick a hose on the nipple and put the other end in a half full bottle of hydro fluid. Fill up the resevoir and have a friend crack open the bleeder. Slowly pump the clutch pedal till all the air bubbles are out and then close the bleeder back and you're done

That_sick_LS

I just looked it up on google looks like a common problem among integras, ebay has the part buy it now for like 25 bucks not sure of shippin, at work cant look on ebay lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The master cylinder and slave cylinder usually last about the same amount of time so be ready :lol:

I replaced my M/C first. Then the slave went out 3 days later LOL

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Not necessarily. It doesn't really matter. If the m/c is still working then I wouldn't bother. But they do tend to last about the same amount of time. The M/C is easy to replace as well (just need a friend to help bleed again) so I would just let it go till it starts leaking.

The M/C will leak up under the dash where the rod from the clutch pedal goes into it towards the firewall