aftermarket vs oem bumper covers. need opinions

anewbreedx008x

hey guys im new to CI, but not new to the teg, altho this is my first 3rd gen, i had a 2003 NBP DC5, all type-R'ed out 8) due to insurance being so high on it i got rid of it and just picked up my wonderful new baby! shes a 94 GS-R black, black interior. the body needs some TLC so ima start by replacing the bumper covers to 98+ i have researched and understand everything i need, however i cannot find the covers! no one has any they wanna sell that are in decent shape, much less ship to VA. now for the question-

i understand aftermarket stuff does not fit quite as well, and with oem the only difference is slight fitment and the 'integra' name stamped in the bumper. any advice on a reputable and NICE fitting bumper thats aftermarket? or is there anywhere i can buy the oem ones for less than 250 per bumper? need some help here! thx in advance

pictures would be kick ass too!

corona88

I remember one of my friends ( he is on this site too 1cleandc) bought a aftermarket "knockoff" if you will and it wouldnt line up ANYTHING. headlights had a bigger circumfence than they should have, turn signals wouldnt even bolt on. TRUST ME save your money and then buy a OEM front bumper. less pain and suffering. BUT thats just my two cents

mteg

Automatic Lover
Start hitting up the salvage yards

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I have an aftermarket 92 bumper, I hate that thing. I want an OEM, and wish I would have just bought the OEM I was going to buy at the time. Fitment is for shit. I went to a junkyard and seems like most people wreck G2's in the front.

187_teg

well of course u know that the aftermarket bumpers dont align as good as oem. but the reason for that is that when aftermarket bumper come in to the US they r labeled A being there good fitment and condition then B-C-D so on. well certain companys pay to get the better bumpers. depending on how much they pay. i bought a keystone bumper and it fits really good. one of my friends bought a bumper from a place called jerry johnsons it fit like crap but it was way cheaper. so just remember if u find a could deal it might cost u in the long run. but no aftermarket fits as good as oem.

corona88

you get what you pay for.......there is never bargains in anything unless your just good like that

gattlinggun1

Satin [DC]
Like most of them say, you get what you paid for... but sometimes you get lucky. I have both front and rear aftermarket bumpers on mine.. a lil here and there places.

anewbreedx008x

yeah :???: it just sucks! cant find any in slavage yards... no1 seems to be doin the jdm front swap so no fronts there, lol just seems hard to find anyone who did buy aftermarket got any fitment pictures?