Aftermarket headers make engine louder?

Trunks134

JDMDC2FROMDUB9
sup peeps i have a question...I have a 90 integra, bone stock motor with ebay b16 headers, stock DA piping. Now my question is, because of the after market headers, would it make a different in sound? Because right now my shit is loud, how can I make it sound stock again without having to take out the headers? Thanks!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
for the record you only have 1 header. not headers.

do you have an aftermarket exhaust at all or just stock piping?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Aftermarket header will more than likely make the engine louder, and will change the exhaust tone. It did on my car. Honda (and other companies I'm sure) designs their exhaust manifolds to kill as much sound as possible. If your intake and exhaust are still stock, I don't see any way to make your engine quieter except to put a stock exhaust manifold back on.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
yup its a little louder with an aftermarket header.

devilfiness

the aftermarket does make the car louder...if you want it quiet again i'd start by checking to see if the cat is still good and for breaks/cracks in the exhaust....just because uve got headers it shouldn't be all that loud.

i've got 4-1 headers, test pipe, and 2 1/2" piping on my teggy its LOUD! swap back oem cat its pretty quiet!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well that is helpful info^

If you want it stock quiet then, just find a stock header. They can be had for cheap and are easy to install. Is the rest of the exhaust stock?